HCl –Hydrochloride Gas Generator-Calcium Chloride Route
- Hydrochloride gas is useful for Several Applications such as Hydochlorination of Bulk drug to make product water soluble, also required in the anhydrous state for critical reactions where moisture cannot be tolerated. Calcium chloride route has cheapest in working cost as there is little neutralization cost . In other routes, large amount od acids are generated whose neutralization cost is much more
- Dry Gas is available in Cylinders which was quite costly and found handling problems while passing gas in the reactor .
Method Of Hcl Gas Generator –CaCl2 Route
Several methods have been adopted by industries for HCL Gas Generator. But generation by Sulphuric Acid Route and Boiling Route are commonly practiced. We offer Calcium Chloride Route for HCL Gas Generator.
Hydrochloric acid and water form a maximum boiling point azeotrope at 11O°C corresponding to a concentration of 20.24%; HCl. By adding concentrated CaCl2 solution to commercial hydrochloric acid; azeotrope point is eliminated and. the entire HCl becomes available for liberation by distillation.
Anhydrous HCl gas generation through Calcium Chloride Route is the most environmental friendly technique.
The above principle- is achieved in practice by feeding metered quantities of commercial HCl and CaCl2 -solution to a stripping column with a steam heated re-boiler at the bottom. The effluent from the bottom of the column is a dilute acidic calcium chloride solution which is concentrated to desired Concentration in a evaporator and re-used. The vapor leaving is condensed stage wise with cooling water and chilled brine as a coolant. The relatively dry gas passes through a mist eliminator and to the point of consumption.
- Designed Considering operation and maintenance problem
- Proven design that is a combination of different MOC most suitable for its use
- Turn down ratio of 30%
- Simple operation makes system operation and maintenance Friendly(Less Pump and Instrumentation)
- ·Nearly zero Effluent system which makes pay back period fast over other systems considering Higher raw Material costs and handling and neutralization cost of Effluents
- Supplied by Experience team of Engineers in this field
HCL Gas generation by Boiling Route
- This route has an advantage when 30% Hydrochloric acid is being used in a house like internally in a plant or for resin bed regeneration.
As a guide line, the Azeotropic composition of HCL-water Mixture is 20.5% .
One can use 20.5% Hydrochloric acid in the house and Dry HCL gas without any raw material price.
- The system considered for the above duty is schematically shown Process flow diagram . Commercial hydrochloric acid containing 30-32% (w/w) HCl is preheated in a preheater (H2) by steam and fed to main fractionating column (C) in which heat is supplied through reboiler (R) using steam as heating media.
- The vapours leaving the column are condensed through a series of condensers HE1 and HE2 with cooling water and chilled brine as coolant respectively. The gas leaving the condensers (HE1 & HE2) passes through a mist eliminator (E) & then to sulphuric acid guard (G-1, 2,3) to knock down traces of moisture.
- The final gas goes to the point of consumption through a flow meter (F2)
The spent acid containing 20-21% HCl is cooled in cooler (H1) and discharged continuously.
This plants available from 20 kg/hr to 100 kg/hr
HCL Gas generation by Sulfuric Acid route
- This process is simple to operate and has lower Utility cost than the other commercially available processes.
Required quantities of 98% sulfuric acid and 30% HCl are sparged from the tank through flow meter into Mixing Zone as to give controlled flow in the Mixing Zone. HCL gas from the solution is stripped out by the action of sulfuric acid. Required heat is supplied by dilution of 98% sulfuric acid and little steam in Evaporating Zone. HCl gas is passed through Drying Zone .In drying zone HCl Gas is enriched by drying through Sulfuric Acid. To keep more safety for dryness, HCl Gas is passed to the sulfuric acid trap. The dry product gas is measured through a rotameter and taken to a process or storage. The bottom product (spent acid) contains dilute sulfuric acid with some dissolved HCl. The bottom product is cooled in the cooling zone and taken to the spent acid storage tank.
- To remove Dissolved Hydrochloride gas from Spent Sulfuric Acid to minimum, Steam Connection is provided. Slight Steam is required to keep it at higher temperature and keep minimum Solubility of HCl.
- It is to be noted in this process that the only utility requirement for this system is cooling water and little quantity of steam
- These plants are available up to 60 kg/hr. If you require larger capacity ;please ask